SEO, search engine optimisation, is the practice of optimising websites to make them reach a high position in search engine results pages. Search engines like Google, while they give some advice as to how to Read more…
Web design East London and Essex
Are you looking for a professional, affordable website design company? Does your existing website need redesigning? We provide quality web design, development and SEO services including advice on all website issues, from choosing a domain name (www. address) to website basics, designing, hosting and maintaining your website. Whilst we are located in Highams Park, East London, we also cover surrounding areas including Chingford E4, Walthamstow E17 and Ilford, South Woodford, Buckhurst Hill, Waltham Abbey and Loughton in Essex. We specialise in WordPress website design. Furthermore, all our websites are mobile and search engine friendly.
We provide advice on how to promote your website and increase your search engine listing results.
Benefits of having a website designer
- It creates a professional image and look for your business
- Reinforces your brand identity and helps you to grow your business
- It is a cost effective way to advertise your product or service online
- Customers can access information about your business 24/7
- Clients can be kept informed of latest developments in your business
- Customers can be emailed with product information, regular newsletters, offers and so on
- It provides a virtual shop window where you can trade online
- You can use your website to gather information about your customers
- You can target overseas markets
SEO – Promoting your website on Google
SEO, or search engine optimisation, is all about creating quality content, optimising it, and promoting it so that it can be found by people using search engines to find what they are looking for on the Internet. Search engine optimisation helps people to find you and your services and encourages users to visit your website. Your content is usually designed to encourage clients to take some action, such as to click a link, sign up for your newsletter, follow you on social media, or buy your product. Therefore compelling headlines and a persuasive call to action help you stand out in the search engine results. Phrases like “Subscribe to our newsletter,” “Book your reservation now” or “Email us for a free quote today” encourage website visitors to take action.
Social media is important for getting your clients to find you online. Having your website address in your social media profiles is one way of linking your social media to your website. Similarly, social share buttons and ‘Follow Us’ buttons on your website are a way that users and potential customers can connect with you. We can provide tailored social media training, help with creating a Facebook page, give advice on a social media strategy, and more.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your website, so communication is important throughout.
Having a mobile friendly website
It is very important that your website is considered to be ‘mobile friendly’ by search engines such as Google so that it is listed in mobile search results.
You can test whether your website is considered by Google to be mobile friendly by using this link:
Test if Google considers your website to be mobile-friendly
This tool tells you if your site is optimised properly for mobile devices and gives you recommendations to make your site better.
Not sure where to start?
Some website design tips and considerations to give you ideas and inspiration:
- What is the overall purpose of your website? To share information about a topic? To sell products or services? List and prioritise your goals
- Who is your target audience?
- What content will you need to include? Testimonials? About us? What is relevant for the needs of your visitors?
- Gather background information about your business
- Look at other people’s websites to get an idea of what you want
- What will you include on your home page – a video introduction? product features? an ebook download? latest offers? social media links?
- Which are the important bits that you want people to be able to see without scrolling to find them?
- Choosing a ‘domain name’ / website address (www…). Do you want to know if a web address is available? You can check the availability at www.ukreg.com
- It is beneficial to choose a domain name that is the same name as your business or gives people an idea of what you sell
Why choose Walker Websites?
- We offer free advice, helping you through the process of getting your information online
- Web space can be provided for you at a reasonable price, or you can arrange this for yourself
- You choose whether to maintain and update your own website or whether we do this for you
- You can do as much or as little of the work as you want – it is up to you
Here are some website design examples that Walker Websites have created.
Benefits of using WordPress
Some of the reasons that WordPress is a popular choice for creating websites are:
- People can (if they want) update it themselves, from any computer
- Themes allow you to change the look of your website instantly
- There are thousands of free and paid for themes that you can use
- There is lots of online support
- It is ideal for websites or blogs
- It is search engine friendly
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) considerations
New rules mean that website owners need to know and inform users about what data they keep, how they use it, and allow for users to access that information or ask you to remove it.
It can also establish trust with your audience, showing them that you are being transparent about how you use their personal data.
This video is a reminder that website owners need to consider the implications of using features such as contact forms, email or newsletter sign ups, analytics, shopping cart and membership logins on their website.
We hope that you find this website useful. We have written articles on topics such as search engine optimisation tips, seo tools, seo checklist, website promotion, website health check, keyword research, WordPress web design tips, Ecommerce website considerations, backing up data, and more.
Do you have a problem with your emails? Let us help – give us a call on 0777 169 1194.
Contact us or telephone 0777 169 1194 for a chat, advice or a free no obligation website design quote. You have nothing to lose!